How can I get the food and supplies I need? 

1 min read
How can I get the food and supplies I need? 

Trying to get the things you need can feel stressful just now, particularly with restrictions easing, and shops feeling busier than they have been. If you’re at higher risk of severe illness and you need help with food or medicine deliveries, you should contact your  Council’s shielding support service. A national helpline has been set up to provide essential assistance to people who are at high risk of contracting COVID-19. The helpline number is 0800 111 4000 or you can go to this page for further information. If you’ve been shielding, we advise you to sign up for the SMS Shielding Service to make sure you get the latest updates. You can do this by sending a text from your mobile phone to 0786 006 4525. The text you send should only include your CHI number, which is the ten-digit Community Health Index number that you’ll find at the top of letters from the hospital or from your health care professionals.

There may also be organisations or community groups in your local area who can help, so try searching the Community Assistance Directory on the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) website for assistance with non-medical matters.

If you need to access a food bank because you have no money for food, the Trussel Trust website provides up-to-date information about local food banks, opening hours and how you can access them. The link to their website is here.

Welcome to the Hub. We hope you’ll find the support you’re looking for. To help us improve the site and make it relevant to you, please take a minute to answer a few quick questions. Thank you.

Give us feedback